Join Our Workplace Network
Share your experience of the world of work with a student who'd love to know more
Are you interested in sharing your experience of the world of work with someone who is just starting out?
Would you be willing to spend 20-30 minutes being interviewed by a student about the role you play or the field you work in?
If so we'd love to add you to our network.
One of the biggest challenges young people face when making career decisions is simply not having the kind of knowledge, experience and network that would help them make their best next move.
How it Works
Creating a Plan-X
This Better Work guides young people through an online self-discovery course with follow-up coaching. This process helps them identify fields of work and work roles they are interested in. The end result is what we call their 'Plan-X'. This is their best idea right now of the kind of work they would find interesting and meaningful. You can read more about our process here.
Turning Plan-X into Plan-A
Students test and refine their Plan-X in part by talking to people who have current experience with the kind of work the student is interested in.
How you can help
Using a Linkedin-based network we connect students with someone with whom they can conduct an information interview.
About the Information Interview
An information interview is a 20-30 minute conversation in which a student interviews someone who is playing a role or working in a field in which the student is interested.
There are two main goals for the information interview:
1) to help the student find out more about a field or role they are interested in
2) to help them build a network of contacts
The Information Interview has 9 set questions:
- What was your path that led you to the work you are doing now?
- What do you like most about your work?
- What do you like least about your work?
- What are your main responsibilities in the work you do?
- What is a typical day (or week) like for you?
- What skills, abilities, and personal attributes are essential to success in your job/this field?
- What are some of the rewards of your work?
- What advice would you give someone who is considering this type of work (or field)?
- Can you suggest anyone else I could contact for additional information?
Zoom or Text
Depending on your preference the student can arrange a time to chat with you on Zoom or simply request your responses by text or email.
What You Can Do Now
All you need to do now is indicate your willingness to participate and send us your Linkedin profile link. When we have a student whose interest matches your field or role we'll give them your details. It will be up to them to get in touch and arrange an interview.
You can sign up and enter your details using our contact form below.
If you'd like more information send Andrew a Whatsapp message here
What You Will Not Need to Do
Unless you opt in for more, your commitment is only for a one-off online interview. You will not be required to take on additional responsibility for the student.
Sign Up Here
Interested in joining our workplace network?
Click on the button below to get in touch via Whatsapp
Alternatively fill in your details using the form below