How would you complete this sentence?
‘I want there to be more ……………….. in the world because I was here.’
In this session we explore ways you can find work that will help you make a difference in the world.
We’ll help you explore and discover things that you feel strongly about, problems in the world you’d like to change, ways you can help tackle some of the big global challenges facing us.
Global challenges you can help tackle
We’ve compiled a list of some of these challenges. Things like: Climate Change, Education, Energy, Artificial Intelligence, Internet and technology, Oceans and Marine Life, Protection of Endangered Species, Healthcare
We’ve also developed a database of exciting and unique projects that are already making a real difference around the world. By browsing through these you’ll get a taste of what’s ‘out there’ in the world and begin to imagine the kinds of challenges to which you could lend your brain, energy, skills and time while you are here on Earth.
Here’s a small sample of some of the jobs and projects that are making a difference:
- Working in a laboratory with microbiologists and virologists to identify and treat tropical infections.
- Helping discover new vaccines and medicines to combat disease in developing countries
- Helping eliminate avoidable blindness globally
- Helping all girls and boys have access to quality early childhood development
- Using technology to create resources for teachers in rural areas.
- Teaching language and literacy.
- Designing affordable sanitation solutions for rural areas.
- Designing efficient water recycling methods to reduce wasted water.
- Developing home battery system that stores unused solar energy and provides freedom from the utility grid.
- Designing solar panels that convert solar energy into electricity for home or industrial use.
- Designing balloons that provide internet connections in rural areas.
- Creating new technology to boost sustainable fishing.
- Working as a field vet to give emergency medical treatment to injured animals.
- Researching methods of preventing poaching and to create better methods of protection.
- Rescuing men, women and children who are victims of forced labour in areas around the world.
- Work as a midwife, obstetrician or gynaecologist to help ensure healthy moms and babies before, during and after childbirth.
- Help mothers and their children have the right access to treatments for HIV
- … and many others in a wide range of disciplines